Can Tervis Cups/ Tumblers Go in the Microwave?
Can you microwave Tervis cups? This is a question we get asked all the time here at Tervis. And the answer will be in my blog post below. Some Tervis products are dishwasher and microwave safe, while others are not. So before you pop your favorite Tervis mug into the microwave, be sure to check the product label to see if it is safe to microwave. If it’s not, just wash it by hand with some dish soap and water. Easy as that!
If you’re like me, you have a few Tervis cups that you use for both hot and cold beverages. You may also have wondered if it’s safe to microwave them. In this post, I’ll answer that question and provide some tips on how to microwave Tervis cups safely.
What Is a Tervis Cup?
Tervis cup is a brand of insulated drinkware. They are dishwasher safe and made from a plastic known as polycarbonate resin, which has been double-walled to create a thermal insulation effect. This keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold for longer periods than other cups. There are also straws available for the tumblers that have lids on them.
Tervis cups come in just about any size you can imagine. All sizes start with an “8 oz.,” but there are 16 oz., 24 oz., 30 oz., 50 oz., 70 oz., and even 100 oz. sizes available on some models! Some of their most popular styles include the 8oz. High Ball, 12oz Cold Cup, Tervis Tumbler, 30 oz. Vented Tumbler, and the 24 oz. Water Bottle.
Tervis Cups are very popular in the US with people who spend a lot of time outdoors or tend to get very thirsty while they are on the job. They are also used by college students for hydration during parties. The insulation properties make it possible to keep drinks cold for up to four hours which is long enough for an outdoor activity or tailgating event.
Since Tervis Cups are made with thermal insulation, you don’t need coasters because condensation won’t occur if you accidentally bump into it or set it down on something wet!
Another reason that Tervis Cups have become so popular is that they are sold in every state throughout the US. This has created a sense of pride in many Americans who feel that their “State” Tervis Cup is the best.
Tervis Cups can be bought at most retail stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and Kohl’s, but the largest selection of products (and lowest prices) are typically found on their official website or through one of their online retailers.
The average cost for cups without custom logos is $11-$15; however, if you opt to have a customized logo added to your cup, expect to pay an additional fee upwards of $10 per cup!
Different Types of Tervis Products
Tervis is a company that specializes in creating drinkware. Their products are designed to withstand extreme conditions and temperatures, helping to keep beverages hot or cold for long periods. They offer many different types of products from cups to travel mugs, all with the same Tervis guarantee.
- Tervis tumbler
One of their most well-known products is the tumbler, which comes in a variety of sizes and styles, including ones made specifically for children. The larger sizes can even be customized by adding a photo or changing the background color on the front.
- Clear plastic tumblers
- Colorful plastic tumblers
- Stainless steel tumblers
- Tervis water bottle
For those who enjoy biking or going on other outdoor adventures, there is also a bike mug that can attach right to a bicycle. This product features a screw-on lid and adjustable side straps, which allow it to be securely attached to most bikes.
Customizable water bottle
- Tervis travel mug
Another popular item is the Tervis travel mug, which is perfect for work or school lunches. The convenient size and screw-on lid make this product easy to transport without spilling, helping to avoid unnecessary spills on clothes or in personal vehicles.
Tervis also offers matching lunch boxes with similar insulation qualities. There are even different types of handles available depending on preference.
Tervis products are well-known for being durable. They are designed so that they do not easily break when dropped or knocked over accidentally by children who may not know their strength. The double-walled insulation that is built into these products helps to maintain the fluid temperature while keeping the exterior at room temperature, preventing burning and frostbite.
The guarantee that Tervis offers with all of its products ensures that consumers will not be disappointed with their purchases. They offer a lifetime guarantee on breakage due to faulty workmanship or materials for the life of the product.
If anything happens to a Tervis product, whether it was purchased in 1974 or last year, they will repair it free of charge. Even if a part breaks off from wear and tear, they can easily replace it without charging extra money for a new item.
This brand also has a wide variety of other products aside from just cups, including clothes with the Tervis logo on them. Along with their insulated drinkware, they also offer bags to carry and organize items. These products are great for camping or trips to the beach, as they can serve multiple purposes and hold a lot of different types of objects.
There is truly something for everyone in the vast selection offered by Tervis. They have many different styles and colors available, so there is no need to settle for something that doesn’t meet personal preference standards when shopping for one of these products.
- Tervis stemless wine glass
In addition to its drinkware collection, Tervis also offers stemless wine glasses. These glasses are perfect for everyday use and have a shatter-resistant design. The insulated walls keep beverages cold without condensation or heat transfer from the outside. They even come in a variety of colors and styles, so it is easy to find something that matches any decor.
- Tervis stemmed wine glass
For those who prefer a more traditional look, there are also stemware options available in the form of stemmed wine glasses.
The double-wall construction keeps heated beverages hot while keeping hands comfortable when holding them due to the insulation between the two walls. The durable nature of these items makes them a long-lasting option that is great for a wide variety of settings.
Tervis has been producing its uniquely designed drinkware and other products since 1946. They use top-quality materials while maintaining a sense of fun style, which is the secret to their continued success in this market. Their ever-expanding collection allows anyone to find something they will enjoy using for years to come.
Can You Microwave Tervis Cups?
Yes. You can microwave Tevis cups but not all. Some Tervis tumblers and cups are designed to be microwavable while some others are not. The Tervis cups can be made of different materials from plastic to metal, it is the main factor to determine if it is safe to microwave Tervis or not.
The plastic tumblers will be safe to microwave even if they are clear or colorful types. Besides the plastic bottle and wine glasses are also safe for microwaving.
However, the metal Tervis cup is possible to microwave. Metal is an unsafe material for microwaves because it might cause sparks and some damage to your microwave, it also can harm your health.
Microwaving them will not have any negative effects on the cup or its contents. However, you should be careful to take certain precautions when microwaving liquids in a Tevis cup.
Microwaves are high-frequency electromagnetic waves that can cause molecular friction and heat depending on their intensity and wavelength. Because of this, using your microwave to heat your water could lead to exploding Tevis cups.
The solution is simple; make sure not to overheat the liquid in your cup! Instead, let it cool first (by waiting for several minutes or adding some ice cubes) before putting it into the microwave for heating purposes.
Can You Microwave Tervis Tumblers?
Yes, most Tervis Tumblers are dishwasher safe and can be microwaved for 30 seconds without lids. However, it should not be kept in the microwave for a long time or at the intense heat.
How Do You Know if a Tervis Cup is Microwave-Safe or Not?
Tervis is well known for its high-quality drinkware. And if you are planning to spend your money on Tervis then it’s good to know whether it’s microwavable or not, right?
Tervis has a website that clearly states that all Tervis products are microwave safe, even the lid (the flexible one). It won’t melt or break in the microwave oven. However, they do mention something about plastic lids at the bottom of this webpage. So I would advise everyone to read the bottom part carefully before using Tervis cups with plastic lids inside the microwave oven.
However, there can be a problem with other Tervis types. For example, Some people claim that insulated cups and glasses made by Tervis are not microwave-safe. These were bought before the change in the lid design and cannot be used in a microwave oven.
However, I suggest you read the product description carefully before microwaving these products. There is always a chance that it might contain something like “do not use it in the dishwasher or microwave”. Hence it is advised to avoid microwaving such drinks if you want to save money!
Besides, there is also one other way for checking if your Tervis can be microwaved or not, you just check the Terbis’s bottom and you might find the label that informs you the item is microwavable or not.
Tervis Product’s Labels?
By the beginning of 2008, you were able to purchase Tervis brand drinkware in just about any kind of store; whether it was a sporting goods store to buy yourself some camping equipment or you were looking for something to supply your local farmer’s market with. So what makes this company stand out?
Since 1989, Tervis has been manufacturing extraordinary drinkware that is designed to protect the original flavor and texture of its contents through its triple insulation process.
There are some certain labels on the Tervis bottom products that you should be aware of:
- Microwave safe: This Tervis product may be safely placed in the microwave.
- Dishwasher safe: This Tervis product is dishwasher safe.
- Do not place it in the freezer: Do not place this insulated tumbler in the freezer. You can chill your drink with ice, but do not freeze it inside the mug. The cold temperatures will compromise the integrity of its structure and could cause cracks or breakage when hot liquids are poured into it. Also, if you don’t want to use it anymore, you can put it in a dishwasher or oven for cleaning purposes (cited from http://www.tervis.com).
- Fits standard cup holders: Suitable for automobile use; this product should fit common-size cup holders.
- Do not use carbonated liquid: Do not overfill with carbonated liquid (such as seltzer or soda). The pressure of the gas may cause the product to leak, or it may cause it to crack. Also, do not pour in any hot liquid after using it with carbonated liquid; this will also cause cracks in the product.
- Do not microwave: Do not place it in the microwave to avoid the risk of fire and resulting injury. Although this product is dishwasher safe, it should be hand-washed only after removing all hot contents from inside.
- Reusable straws do not come with these Tervis products, so you have to buy them separately. But you don’t have to worry because there’s a big range of straw colors that you can choose from!
1. Do not place Tervis on any area of the microwave that had food or grease splatters on it. This is to avoid potential chemical reactions and/or getting burned by melted spatter material.
2. If you do get a Tervis wet, immediately place it with paper towels inside of it until completely dry. This will minimize chemical reactions due to moisture and prevent damage to your microwave oven from excess water vapor building up in between its walls (i.e., “steam cleaning” the inside of your microwave).
3. Make sure the lid (if applicable) is properly secured before placing Tervis in the microwave oven for heating purposes, as just like any other food item, securing the lid will help prevent any potential “spillovers” from occurring.
4. Only heat Tervis in the microwave oven with the designated heating lid, if applicable. If a lid is not available for a particular size or style of Tervis, only heat it in 30-second increments and check its temperature after each heating interval to ensure that it does not get too hot for your food/beverage container.
5. Before placing Tervis (with liquid inside) in the microwave oven, make sure there are no metal materials inside of it (i.e., spoon). The microwaves can cause sparking and dangerous conditions when exposed to metal materials inside of them, which may result in serious injury or damage due to fire hazard concerns.
6. If Tervis (with liquid inside) starts to boil over, immediately stop heating the Tervis and remove it from the microwave oven. If this occurs on top of a stove or if it occurs in a car on your drive home from work, pull over and deal with the matter right away to prevent further injury/damage (i.e., if the spilled liquid dries and leaves scald marks upon removal, you’ll have to scrub off the material).
7. Be careful not to place anything metal near Tervis when microwaving them; doing so can cause sparking and hazardous conditions due to contact with microwaves, which may result in serious injury or fire hazard concerns.
8. After heating any food or beverage in the microwave oven, make sure to inspect both areas of its content for any potential damage before using it. If you notice any degradation of the Tervis’ condition after heating either liquid or solid food items in them, discard them into your trash receptacle immediately to avoid ingesting material that could be harmful to your health.
9. Only heat liquids in Tervis containers; never place anything containing solids (i.e., sugar chunks) in microwave ovens due to potential thermal build-ups and hazardous conditions upon removal from the microwave oven.
10. If you are not completely satisfied with how one of our products keeps your beverages/food warm/cold during transport, you can return it to us within 30 days for a full refund (minus shipment costs).
11. Tervis provides a 6-month limited warranty against any defects in material and workmanship; contact one of our service centers for replacement information.
12. The special design of the lid helps prevent messy spills, even when dropped (although you should still handle it with care). Do not use the bottom of your Tervis to hammer anything or step on it; doing so will likely cause permanent damage to its structural integrity and cause leakage problems upon its future usage.
13. To minimize messes from beverage sloshing during transport, make sure there is enough room between the top of the container’s contents and its lid when transporting them in a car or other moving vehicle. In addition, use two hands to hold it when transporting them, as one hand is usually not enough to properly support it during transportation.
FAQS On can you microwave tervis cups
- Can I use Tervis cups in the dishwasher?
Yes, some types can be used, some should avoid using the dishwasher because it may affect their durability and cause leakage problems upon future usage. Instead, they can be carefully hand-washed on top of your kitchen sink using one of our specially designed bottle brushes to reach all areas inside.
- Can I microwave my Tervis cups with food inside them?
Please don’t put your Tervis cups into microwaves or heat them with any type of appliance directly. Our tumblers are only meant for cold food/beverage consumption. However, you can place hot food/beverages into some of our tumblers if you want through a physical process first (i.e., let it first cooldown), so please follow these instructions instead.
- Can I put Tervis lids into the microwave?
Answer: Yes, our tumbler lids are safe to go into the microwave because they are not made out of metal like other tumblers’ lids. You can feel comfortable about heating liquids inside them without deteriorating their quality over time from direct exposure to microwaves alone.
- What type of material is used for your bottles?
Our bottles are made with FDA-approved BPA-free materials, meaning that you won’t have to worry about them being poorly constructed or harmful when storing water or any other beverage in them.
- What type of material is used for your tumblers?
Answer: Tervis uses plastic made from Polyethylene Terephthalate, which is known as PET. You mustn’t put these types of products into the microwave oven or use them to heat water beforehand (i.e., using it properly at its boiling point instead), as this may damage their internal structure and cause leakage problems upon future usage.
- Do I have to take my lid off before microwaving?
When microwaving our lids, please only place the lid on top of your bowl of food then into the microwave oven afterward. It’s not necessary to take the lid off because microwaves are not known to damage their quality over time, unlike what you see on TV shows.
- Do each of your tumblers have lids? If they do not, why is that?
All of our tumblers come with matching lids as they’re sold as an individual product as well as a pair together. Yes, it may seem like a waste of money for some people who think they don’t need it, but we know that having kids will come in handy when stacking them in the refrigerator or cupboard to save space.
Plus, removing and placing back on these lids repeatedly will not damage their internal structure over time.
Can you microwave Tervis cups? The answer is yes, you can. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when microwaving Tervis cups. We recommend following the guidelines provided by Tervis on their website to ensure your cup doesn’t suffer any damage in the microwave. Are you looking for other ways to clean your Tervis cup or mug? Check out the blog post on how to clean a Tervis cup for more tips.